Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 October 2021

Sunny.

And we're back to blue skies again. There was a good drying wind which we hadven't had for a while so the sheets went out on the line.
This week we tried out Tesco's frozen croissants, the ones that you bake at home. They were nice but I think we'll stick to the ready made ones in future. Those come in a pack of four which we have over two weeks as they stay fresh in the fridge. The frozen ones were very small with six in the pack. Being so small we thought we'd have two each but baked them all and somehow there were none left at the end of breakfast.
My first job of the day was clearing the last section of the old greenhouse base. That involved stacking the pots and blocks and bagging the gravel. 
Then I moved to the front garden where I chopped down the wildflower meadow. While it would have taken a fraction of the time to run the strimmer over it I was quite happy to work on my knees with the sun on my back sheltered from the cold wind and with the sound of the sea in my ears. As I went along I pulled up the new bramble growths of which there were plenty and even managed to hoik out some roots as well. Now the under layer can dry out ready for me to run the mower over it to tidy it up for winter. I would have mowed later today but I didn't want to disturb people's Sunday peace. 
Once that was done I had a short break and ironed the sheets. I do like to get that job out of the way though ironing in the sitting room with the lovely view isn't too much of a chore. We'll eat a little earlier tonight as it's Strictly season once more and we like to watch the results straight after recorded Saturday competion.

 

No comments: