Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 24 October 2021

Showers.

A grey start to the day with a sea mist rising where the mountains meet the water. We had some showers and I thought I would be spending my day making rope tassels but it dried up, rained again and then turned sunny to end the day.
After our leisurely Sunday breakfast I boxed up the truffles. I know I showed them yesterday but they look even nicer in the paper cases. I think presentation adds a lot to a gift and try my best though I'm way below the standard of Japanese gift wrapping. Mind you I dislike how manufacturers try to include the maximum amount of packaging to make you think you're getting more than you actually are and that's very much the case with boxes of chocolates.
By the time I'd wrapped up the chocolates ready to post tomorrow it had stopped raining so I went out to do more grubbing about in the back garden. Two more of the coping stones moved to their new positions and plenty of digging through soil to remove weeds and stones. I was just gathering my tools together when down came the next heavy shower.
After the rain the skies cleared and I was tempted to sit outside while I made another tassel but the outside chairs were soaking wet so I took the easy option and stayed inside. Just enough time left in the afternoon to make one more tassel before checking how to say numbers above 10 in Welsh so that we can call out the total scores as we watch Strictly.

 

No comments: