Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 26 October 2021

Grey.

A very grey day today with a smattering of rain. 
Today's dismal weather was reflected in my mood making it one of those days when I start wondering what is the point of my life. On such days I can't focus on the positive and can't seem to find anything to do that works towards 'getting things done'. But I know this is due to a combination of the dismal weather and a temporary struggle with my diet. With the diet I'm never hungry but on a day like today my response would be to declare the day a duvet day and slump on the sofa eating. Yes, I'll admit that my go to 'cheer up' is food, generally of the sweet variety. But I'm determined to avoid snacking and stick to my diet and instead employed a few different strategies. First was to get outside which I did for going for a beach walk with Peter. I could also have cheered up spending the afternoon grubbing about in the garden but I didn't want to put any strain on my back before tomorrow's session at the zoo.
My other strategy when feeling down is to plow through my daily routines, first the small amount of regular housework and then piano and guitar practice. I'm only just getting back to playing the guitar and I haven't lost as much ground as I thought I might. 
My final strategy is to finish any small projects that are ongoing so the felted chicken now has wings and eyes plus a loop to hang it from a Christmas tree. Now to decide which lucky family member gets the chicken. And a very small 'house' job was sorting out curtain rings for the door curtain in the kitchen. I got the rings and pole from Argos and they must be very poor quality as already two of the rings have split but I have plenty of spares.
 Somebody had fun on the beach.

No comments: