Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 October 2021

Zoo Day.

It's been a day of black clouds, heavy rain showers and the occasional rainbow.
As it wasn't raining continuously I still thought it was worth going to the zoo. I still haven't come across my old waterproof trousers so I had to make sure that I knelt on my knee pads as leaning too far forward put me in contact with the very wet wood chip of the play area resulting in soggy knees. My yellow workman's coat kept my top half warm and dry throughout all the showers. Before settling down to a quiet morning of weeding I sawed off the branches of a willow tree which I then put in the goat run as they love stripping the bark off willow branches.
I still have one corner left to do before this area is fully weeded. I managed to do the whole of the front last week but there were lots of clumps of grass growing in the back section which slowed me down. No visitors at all at the zoo today, just staff (two girls) and volunteers getting on with feeding, cleaning and general maintenance.
This used to be the rheas' home but since the billy goats moved in the two of them have waged war against the shed and surrounding fences. Hence the injuries to their foreheads and the hole in the shed wall.

The guinea fowl decided it was too wet to be roaming around the zoo and were rushing back into their pen.
After four hours of weeding at the zoo I needed to put my feet up for a while when I got home. Decided to blog early and next I'll play the piano and do some more Welsh practice.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Zoo day sure comes around fast!! :)