Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 October 2021

Showers.

Sunshine, showers and the occasional rainbow today.
This morning I thought we were done with the showers and went out to post the truffles and have a walk on the beach. There are more people about because of the half-term holiday, I suppose once you're here you might as well tog up and go for a walk.
The tide was in so most of my walk was on the shingle which is not my favourite. I collected one piece of rope for my project and hauled a bundle of rope which had too much green growing on it for my use, over to the bins. 

I called in again at the shop on my way back to pick up some milk as neither of us has plans to go shopping in the next few days.
Back home I decided to paint the wall where the last trellis panel will go as the rest of the wall will eventually be painted white along with the rest of the house and garage. Otherwise it would look a bit odd to see a section of wall in the original cream colour especially as it will take a long time for plants to cover that bit of trellis. We will be buying a good quality paint when we get round to the big painting job but for today I just used some left over masonary paint we have in the garage. The first tin I opened was too old, it had gone dark brown and stayed that way even after stirring. That tin will be off to the dump to join the thousands of tins already there. Luckily there was another better tub of paint to use. However I had only just started when down came the rain. By the time the rain stopped some of the paint had washed down into the gutter but I just painted over the bare bits and carried on. I had to rush to finish off as the next shower began but fortunately that was a short shower and the wall is good enough for us to put up the final trellis on that wall.
After a break I was back to felting and have nearly finished a small brown chicken as yet more rain fell.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love the rainbow and the water crashing up on the rocks. Great photos.