Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 15 October 2021

Sunny.

A crisp sunny day today. Perfect weather for going out for a walk in the mountains which is what we planned but unfortunately Peter wasn't feeling up to it. Yesterday's session with the drill was a bit much for him. And I'm very grateful that he did it. I'm sure we'll get out to the mountains one day.
Instead I finished off the herb garden, digging out the subsoil and replacing it with soil. I even had a heap of compost that came out of a large planter in one of the lean-tos which I mixed in with the soil.
Once the soil went in I chose three clematis to go up the trellis, vivid pink,  purple and one with purple bells and for fun put in some foxgloves. They were quite large to be transplanted from the random pot they were growing in but maybe they'll survive. The final step will be to buy some herbs for a permanent planting. Aargh, the forecast is talking about the chance of frost, replayed it and the frost is for eastern England, not us, phew. My last jobs in the garden were to clean out the holes Peter made in the concrete shed base and fill them with soil while I decide what to grow in them. Blue grasses probably.
Before catching the sun out on the terrace I wrote out the new Welsh words on cards and once this post is done I'll go through the pronunciation on the website. Favourite word in this unit - Bendegedig (bendy-ged-ig) - fantastic. 

 

No comments: