Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 16 October 2021

Mild.

It was very grey in the morning then by the time I was returning from my walk (below) the sky began to have a hint of blue and carried on improving for the rest of the afternoon.
After breakfast we put up the curtain rail in Peter's study. I gave the curtains a good airing out on the washing line before hanging them up. When I'd moved them I'd found that the the pile of Peter's jeans underneath were beyond musty, yes I admit it there was mould growing on one pair. One of us must have left a damp towel on them before the curtains were put on top of the pile. An extra wash for the worst pair and then a hot wash for all of them and they're fine. I'll probably find they don't even fit Peter any more.
When we were done I went out for a beach walk and a visit to the shop to buy some croissants for tomorrow's breakfast. Not as nice as the supermarket ones but they'll do.
Nothing so relaxing as walking along hearing and seeing the waves swishing in.
As we've come to the end of our first unit in our Welsh course, this week there is homework to be submitted. Nothing too onerous but it includes sending a photo of a bilingual sign. I took some photos of my favourite signs so Peter can chose one too. It shows how little notice I take of signs because I thought 'Animalarium' was the Welsh word for Zoo.

I haven't decided which one to choose yet. I like the birds one but if we have to read them out I can't get Ebrill/ April right.
As well as putting up the curtain pole we also screwed a piece of wood to the hall wall so that we can hang one of our big rugs up. It's not the one below but I forgot to take a photo of the tufted rug when it was unrolled in the sitting room. The rugs had been rolled up together so they were each hoovered on both sides and sprayed with insecticide against moths. The other rug can't go up on the wall until our order of upholstery tacks arrives so both rugs are rolled up and back in our bedroom. The kilim below is destined for the wall of Peter's study where it will help muffle the sound of the films he watches.
It was nice enough for me to end the afternoon time reading on the terrace.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like the watch out birds nesting sign best.
Sounds so nice to walk along listening to the water!!