Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 21 October 2021

Chilly.

Rain to start the day with a few rainbows as the sun made an appearance. By the afternoon we had lots of blue sky and good waves for surfing. The winds are now blowing from the north and are bitterly cold.
After breakfast we braved the odd bit of rain and put up one more of the big trellis panels. It was a bit tricky as the far end was level with the oil line which runs along the garden wall but we sorted it in the end. 
Then it was time to prepare for our Zoom lesson. For me that includes setting up a camera which is put away between lessons for security reasons and getting out a headset as my PC doesn't have a microphone. We had a last minute panic when I checked my emails and saw that we were asked to have a dice (I know it's really a die but who says that these days?) to hand. I was about to resort to making dice from Blu-tak when Peter spotted that one of the boxes of books also has games in it. First out was a backgammon set with two tiny dice which is what we used. This are moving along in our lessons and so far we can exchange greetings, ask 'How are you?' and respond, say I like/live in/drive/read/watch .... . and ask 'Do you like .... ?' and respond. My greatest sense of achievement is having mastered the new sounds rh & ch and making progress with ll. Half term next week so a week off and then back to the grind.
After our lesson I went back outside to work. I got the massive coping stone bedded in upside down which involved going back and forth many times to check by eye if the stone looked as if it was running parrallel with the wall. In theory this could be done by taking measurements from the wall but I tried that with the edging stone and it didn't look right. Then I was able to do the same with the next coping stone, a short one this time. After that I took out the first of the slabs which I'd put in to mark the path and used it to raise the level of the larger bed on the other side of the path. I finished off by digging through and leveling the soil at that end of the bed and relocating everything else. I feel a sense of satisfaction now that I have a clear plan of work for the final bed.
And now for a couple of photos from yesterday evening.
Clouds creeping over the mountains.
Sunset.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Amazing sunset!!