Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 October 2021

Sun and Rain.

Today's photos give no hint of the morning's weather. We woke to driving rain, grey skies and grey sea. 
I was all set for a day of indoor jobs getting straight on with music practice followed by working through our Welsh vocabulary on-line for pronunciation when all of a sudden out came the sun.
The break in the weather gave us the chance to put up the last post and trellis panel on the long wall. My plan is to use the bit of trellis I cut off one of the big panels to fill in some of the space below the short panel. (Couldn't use a full panel because of the oil line.) That has become a bit more complicated than I anticipated. I thought I'd just have to find some long battens to go across the top and bottom but unfortunately the wind blew the piece over and it broke apart. Only where the tiny nails and staples were holding it together but it's not that easy to get all the slats in the right place. I was slowly getting there when down came the next lot of rain.
Bringing a lovely rainbow. 
Inbetween putting up the trellis and going out to repair the broken piece I baked more cookies and a cake. I used a Mary Berry recipe for lemon drizzle cake without the lemon instead adding plenty of sultanas, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Of course I tried a slice later in the afternoon, just to check that it turned out okay and I have to say it was delicious.
I also finished off the rope tassel I was working on, that's four so far.



 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Such a nice treat to see the rainbow.