Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 11 October 2021

Dry.

The day began overcast and then brightened up towards the afternoon. With little to no wind it didn't feel as cold as yesterday and despite the sun it wasn't a good drying day.
The builder turned up in the morning and Ta Dah the front is finally done. Perhaps I should save the celebration for when the front is painted but just to get to this stage is such a relief. Peter has already sent a text to the other builder to let him know he can start on the terrace. My view was to send a text along the lines of 'Rendering is done, see you tomorrow,' but that would be wildly optimistic.
Meanwhile I spent my day working in the front garden. First I established an edge on one side of the grass and got rid of any weeds growing under the bushes and then I ran the mower over the grass. (You can't really call it a lawn.) It's just to keep it tidy over the winter though I hate to think what it will look like once the builder starts work on the raised beds. 
At the same time Peter worked in the back garden breaking up concrete. But he has run into a problem, the concrete is getting thicker and his drill is starting to leak oil. Oops. However he found out where he can hire a heavier duty drill (not quite a pneumatic drill). One day with that should get all the concrete broken up.
In between my gardening jobs and making cups of coffee for the builder I baked more chocolate and peanut butter cookies for Peter.
Last night as we watched Strictly we realised that it was the perfect opportunity to practise our Welsh numbers so we sat there calling out all the individual scores in Welsh. Anything to make learning fun. 


 

No comments: