Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 2 October 2021

Wet.

Nothing but rain today, heavy rain alternated with torrential rain with the odd minute of light rain.
It is our 45'th wedding anniversary today  and Peter surprised me with a lovely bunch of roses. No calorific treats as I'm at that stage in my diet when the pounds are beginning to go but it would be too easy to put them all back on again. We did have a special breakfast with fresh (instead of frozen) blueberries on our porridge along with fresh strawberries followed by croissants. I bought the strawberries at M&S and they were full of flavour unlike the fairly tasteless ones from the regular supermarkets. Our plan to celebrate the day by driving out to the mountains had to be put on hold for a number of reasons including the dreadful weather.
It seems a 45th wedding anniversary is your sapphire anniversay if you follow that sort of tradition though a 65th anniversary is also sapphire. Appropriate then that I put some of the blue glass out on my study windowsill. And that was possible because the builder's lads came and put a whole load of stuff up in the loft. (No baby yet. ) I've tried to limit what I'm keeping in the loft but we still have a lot of art work to store much of which is too heavy and awkward for us to carry up the ladder.
We now have a wonderfully empty bathroom, (the toilet is out of sight on the right). My plan when we eventually get it done (we'll need a builder who is good at tiling.) is for a smaller sink unit and a large walk-in shower where the bath and airing cupboard are.
We also got the lads to move some furniture which saved me having to empty everything out of the big wooden cupboard and now we have a spacious inner hall. Peter too has a lot more space in his study.
But on the other hand the hall by the front door is filled with boxes though a lot are empty. I've begun emptying the bigger boxes into the smaller ones and even found space in cupboards to put some things in but ran out of energy for today.
 

2 comments:

Martha said...

Happy Anniversary!

happyone said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Peter. The white roses are lovely.
Sounds like great plans for the new bathroom.