Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 12 October 2021

Dry.

There was the occasional patch of blue this morning but then the cloud cover increased and darkened until by the afternoon it looked and felt as if it was going to rain at any moment. (So far I've only felt a few spots of rain.)
After breakfast I went to the pharmacy to collect more medications. Those four weeks go round so quickly, I'm sure this time it's early. They send us a text and we go and collect but I should really make a note of when the next lot are due. BTW In Wales everyone gets free prescriptions while in England it's not until you reach 60.
Naturally I combined going to the pharmacy with a beach walk. There seemed to be more people than usual on the beach. A lot of them turned out to be older school students working in groups to record the profile of the beach. At least that's what I guessed they were doing though a couple of groups appeared to have got bored and were javelin throwing their metre poles.
I spotted a new wall mural on the beach. It looks like Dean's work (one of the zoo owners). He has a wall mural business and I've seen his work here and in town.
When I returned Peter and I were all set up to put up brackets for the curtain pole in his study. But ...... I saw that there was an electric socket below the window and got concerned about the wiring. Usually switches have wires coming down vertically from the ceiling and sockets have wires coming up from the floor but that's not guaranteed. There was a small chance that the wire could be coming down beside the window roughly where one bracket should go. We did have one of those detector gadgets but it was useless so we got rid of it. Peter's ordered a decent one and the job is on hold until then.
As I'll be working at the zoo tomorrow I spent the rest of the day doing all those little tasks that I've been thinking about doing for a while including ordering a new spare camera battery to save myself carrying a handful of old spares when I go out and reporting the No Waiting sign that fell off the lamp post at the end of the road and is now under the garden gate. Plus the current round of practising; Welsh, piano and guitar and a short spell on the exercise bike to build up my knee muscles. 
 

No comments: