Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 October 2021

Windy.

An exhilaratingly wild and windy day today. As we ate our breakfast we watched a few hardy dog walkers being blown along the cliff. I almost expected to see one of the small dogs flying off into the air at the end of an extending lead. It has been mostly dry with some heavy showers in the afternoon. Peter finally decided to turn on the central heating. While I prefer not to have the place too hot it was getting to the stage where even with extra layers it felt a bit cold and cheerless. Naturally I have the radiator in my study turned off but it's lovely to walk into a warm bedroom and also have the chill taken off the sitting room. 
Straight after breakfast I put on my warm gardening gear and went down to work in the front garden. There I chopped up the pile of branches which enabled me to fit them in two black bags ready for the next trip to the dump. I was able to do that sitting on one of the garden chairs which made it a lot easier. After that I went round the garden pulling up brambles which was harder on my back but hopefully not too much. 
Then, as it still wasn't raining I changed from gardening waterproofs to my 'going for a walk' jacket and went off for a beach walk.
One family were there paddling in the shallows. I guess they were making the best of their holiday.
In places the sea foam had built up into small drifts which naturally I had to walk through for the fun of seeing clumps of foam fly off along the beach.
Back home I played the piano, practised my Welsh and had an early shower before settling with a mug of tea to blog.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

The water looks really rough today.
Picturing the dog flying at the end of its lead. :)