Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 September 2021

Wet.

Heavy overnight rain carried on through the morning only easing off in the afternoon. The builder  told us it would be better if it rained today as slower drying would leave the render stronger. Fingers crossed for a dry day next week so the job can be finally finished.
After breakfast I was diverted from my plan for the day by the oven which needed cleaning. Peter does his best but I don't like to see any brown specks at all on the nice new oven or the trays and things. Lots of scrubbing later and it's all sparkling clean once more. Then I progressed to emptying out two more of the big boxes in the bathroom. One of them was full of special pieces, mainly ceramics and glassware including this 19C Chinese vase which is back out on display. Who would have thought that this vase which I've had for many years would be the current accent colour in our white and pine kitchen?
Later in the afternoon I took a chance on the weather (it stayed dry), and went out for a walk along the beach.

Plenty of shapes and reflections to see along the beach.
Walking to the first pile of rocks which is my usual turnaround spot I was surprised to see at least 3ft of sand piled up behind the rocks.
The wind is still blowing from the south-west keeping the air quite warm and so far we haven't had to put the heating on at all. Oh dear, the weather forecast has just said it will get quite a lot colder tonight but will be dry tomorrow.



 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Stormy weather here this morning. Walked in the afternoon.