Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 6 September 2021

Hot.

It looks as if we are in for a few days, maybe even a week of warm weather. On the radio this morning they said it would be hotter than August which wouldn't be hard as August wasn't that hot. First thing this morning we had a white out with the sea mist creating damp conditions. The mist burnt off by late morning and since then it's been hot and sunny.
While Peter went and collected the camper and drove the spare parts from our kitchen back to Magnet (at last) and then returned with an extra white gloss plank which we need to make some shelves at the end of the larder unit, I did some work in the back garden. Not a lot but I did cut and saw off the ivy roots that were poking out of the ground and then attempted to remove the big concrete slabs that had been at the front of a raised bed. I managed to hack out the line of cement holding two of the slabs together but they're too firmly fixed along the base for me to shift. Peter says he can cut them off with his angle grinder once he's bought the right blade. I finished off with some gentle weeding of the many seedlings popping up in the planted beds in the back garden as there wasn't much else to do.

When Peter returned with the camper I began cleaning its very grubby white bodywork. I'd cleaned one side before we left Pilton last year but the other side had a lot of black stuff on it plus green algae around some of the windows and fittings. I washed off as much as I could with a cloth and soapy water and then rinsed off with the pressure washer. There's still the slope above the windscreen to do and the roof if I can get the big ladder out but it does look a lot better.
The weather has been too nice not to spend time sitting out on the terrace and we had a barbecue supper, Bratwurst with onions and mushrooms in Staffordshire oatcakes. A real fusion meal which we ate outdoors..
 

No comments: