Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 23 August 2023

Another Year Older.

The day began with some rain and a lot of grey. I took a chance and washed my work joggers and hung them out on the line and sure enough the sun appeared and the day got a lot warmer. However by mid-afternoon while still warm it was cloudy once more.

I woke this morning to some cards and gifts as I'm 67 today. That number just makes me laugh because apart from the aches and general decrepitude I feel somewhere in my 30s. These days age doesn't seem to matter, at least not with the people I mix with.
This card from Peter really made me laugh. As well as some very nice treats he gave me these 3 oystercatchers from the shop in the village. They look just right in front of the mirror in the sitting room not far from the oystercatcher picture on the wall.
This afternoon I'm off for an hour's hack which I'm looking forward to though not getting in a good canter is disappointing. Hopefully after the next lesson I'll be allowed on a 'proper' hack. I've decided to indulge myself and go riding every week, at least as long as I can manage it. In return I made a bargain with myself that I'll stop indulging in sweet treats which aren't doing me any good anyway. My birthday treats will be strictly rationed. Having no 'off' button when it comes to eating I've found that what works for me is to set up a 'rule' of exactly how many chocolates etc I can eat each day. So just 2 chocolates a day. At least that way all my birthday goodies will last a long time.
- Back after a fun ride which confirms that my (riding) stamina is okay. A quick shower and change and I'm off again to choir.

 - And now I'm home after choir. It's the first time after a break of a few weeks and I had to drive home in the dark! It's been many months since I've had to put the the headlights on in the car as choir is the only time I drive at night. A reminder that autumn is just around the corner. Better enjoy the warm days while they're still here.

1 comment:

happyone said...

A very Happy Birthday to you Ruta!!