Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 17 August 2023

Sunny.

Another lovely day though by the look of the clouds we may be in for a change. That would be a real shame as Vytas is coming to visit us tomorrow (Sally is staying home as they have a new kitten that can't be left alone with their older cat yet). It's been a year since we saw him and he'll be off again on Sunday morning. Fingers crossed that the weather isn't too bad on Saturday. It saddens me a great deal that we see so little of our sons but then we chose to live here. City or even town life just isn't for us.
I was up early and saw the arrival of our neighbour's new roof trusses at 7.30. (They came on a full sized artic lorry which had no difficulties backing around our corner.) Much excitement for our neighbour and his young family to see the next stage of their building project under way. It's a completly new and bigger roof which will include living space.
With a warm wind blowing it was a perfect day for drying the washing. I was not happy when I saw the state of Peter's RNLI sweatshirt. Yesterday evening I'd noticed a couple of tiny stains on it, probably from cooking so after suggesting that he not wear his good and expensive sweatshirt to cook in I rubbed the stains with washing up liquid and then put the sweatshirt in to soak overnight. Note the tub says 'bleach free'. So why did it come out of the washing machine covered in bleached spots? I shall be complaining to Lidl and will put the photo on FB but I don't expect any compensation. The customer is never right these days. He can't wear this to volunteer in the shop and will have to buy a new one. Aarrgh!
I cycled down to the community gardens where I did some nettle and bramble cutting before enjoying spiced plum cake and a good chat.
This dragonfly kept landing on the same spot on one of the wooden benches as it patrolled the area. When somebody came and sat in that space it first hovered over her and then perched on her knee as if to say 'that's my place'.
Lots of fruit almost ready to pick. I picked some cooking apples and a tub of blackberries so I guess I'll be making blackberry and apple crumble soon.
I didn't do much when I got home, mainly pottering about and trying to restore a couple of my windchimes. I brought the whole lot with me from Dingles but most of the strings have perished and I can't find any of the flat paddles that hang from the middle string. The lifeboat went out on a shout, at first my neighbour and I thought it might be for somebody on the reef as there were a lot of people sitting there surrounded by water but it went on towards Aberdyfi. I'll find out later. 
Later - Back from aerobics feeling thoroughly exercised. The lifeboat was called out to Ynyslas for some youngsters who were being blown out to sea on an inflatable crocodile, sold in our local beach shop. By the time they got there the youngsters had made it back to shore and the crocodile was a speck on the horizon. Aparently the majority of the call outs for the guys from our station are to people in difficulty off Ynyslas beach. There are no lifeguards there plus there are strong currents from the river. It's the closest beach for a big holiday park and no doubt many of the holidaymakers have little experience of the sea.


 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hope the weather is perfect for your sons visit!!!
Our son lived far from us for many years and what a blessing to have him live close now.