Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 2 August 2023

Sunny.

I wasn't too sure what the weather was going to be like first thing this morning but it ended up being a lovely sunny day. There was a brief but heavy shower at around 6.00 but I think the holiday makers should have been happy today.
While Peter went off to do his morning volunteering in the RNLI shop I threw some washing in the machine and then went down to the garden to finish off the wall by the bottom gate. Once I've made and installed a gate it will be held closed by some rope looped over the stone that can be seen sticking out of the wall. (When the wind is blowing it should keep the gate closed against the wall. ) Once the wall was done I had a good tidy up of that space stacking the bags of sand to one side and even hauling the unused bag of cement up to the garage out of the weather. 
After a bit of weeding around the garden I made some mackerel for the carnival. Four large ones and four smaller ones. It's amazing what you can do with some cardboard, kitchen foil and a permanant marker.



 

No comments: