Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 29 August 2018

Changeable.

To start with it looked like we were in for a reasonably sunny day but all too soon the blue patches were replaced by unremitting grey. For most of the day it looked as if it might rain at any moment but then in the evening the blue reappeared. From the back of the house there wasn't a cloud to be seen while out over the sea there were a variety of cloud formations. (While not a stickler for correct grammar it really bugs me when people use 'was' when referring to a plural noun and I've been known to shout at the radio when supposedly educated people mix up was and were. I also get annoyed when I hear qualifiers used with words that does not have a quantity eg 'a little dead' or 'very excellent'. I must be turning into an old fogey.)
Once again I haven't done a lot today barring the usual exercises and house work. However I did spend a long time going through every advertised detached bungalow in west Wales. So many pages to scroll through. This far nothing apart from one I spotted the other day. In terms of size- 4 bedrooms and location - facing west looking over the sea and a short walk to the beach it is ideal but the one drawback is the small garden. I'll just keep on looking.
Out in the garden I noticed these two sprigs of green coming from the golden oat grass seeds I rescued from a town flower bed. Another plant that eventually grew from what looked like a dead twig is this perovskia (below) which was a cutting from a plant I had growing at Dingles. I can't resist any plant that has blue grey foliage and lavender flowers.
 Grasses also count amongst my favourites.
 The reason I don't shut the sitting room curtains in the evenings.

No comments: