Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 4 August 2018

Cool Then Hot.

Another cool grey morning followed by a blazingly hot afternoon. It's 6.30 and looking out of the window I can see a repeat of yesterday's cloudbank forming over the sea.
This is where Patch has decided to sleep and being an old softie I've let him stay and am typing over him.
The first of my tomatoes, some M&S cherry tomatoes are ready to pick.  This morning while Peter was out rowing I watched a healthy eating programme and was intrigued by some pancakes they made. As well as the usual flour, eggs and milk they added oats, cottage cheese and peanut butter. I decided to give them a go but with sultanas instead of the peanut butter (all used up in the last batch of cookies). They are quite tasty so I've written the recipe or rather the list of ingredients in the back of my every day cook book. Peter had his as they were and I had a little honey on top.
I'm trying to follow the physio's advice and in order to make a proper comparison between the knee now and in a month's time I've devised a couple of charts. I really enjoy presenting data in a way that might reveal trends or results so I'm recording how painful it is to go up or down the stairs as well as how long I'm 'active' each day. That's something to keep me busy at my desk. (Patch has now retired to the floor.)

No comments: