Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Grey.

It was another damp morning, the sort we describe in Cornwall as mizzle.  Perfect for bejewelling all the cobwebs hanging from the rope barrier.
I seem to have been stuck at home for a long time so today I went out and did the shopping. I like being at home but being stuck inside can be irksome. Despite the general greyness it was still warm enough for shorts. I did the usual run; the dump to get rid of garden waste, Lidl's and Tesco's then the pound shop to get another pair of glasses for the PC. The frame of my last pair broke so I chose a sturdier pair. After all no one is going to see them.  I keep a slightly stronger pair in each of my handbags to read labels when I'm shopping and others around the place to compensate for my old age sight. 
As I unloaded the car the clouds parted briefly giving blue sky and warmth but that was over in minutes so no lazy afternoon on the sun loungers. A few more hints of blue later in the evening but once again we are under a blanket of grey.  

1 comment:

happyone said...

Mizzle. That's a good word for those kinds of days. I'll have to remember that. : )