Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 August 2018

Mostly Wet.

It rained heavily all morning and through into the afternoon. Didn't take any photos so here are some from the last few days. 
I drove down to the Co-Op later in the afternoon. It had stopped raining and normally I would have enjoyed the 15 min walk there but we needed milk and while it is a lot cheaper to buy two they're quite heavy even in a back-pack. Shops close at 4.00 on Sundays so I picked up a few bargains at 75% off; black pudding, proper ham from the deli counter not the pre-packed stuff full of chemicals, sushi which I had for supper and two smokey black bean burgers. When I was out I noticed how warm it felt, the winds must have swung right round to the south again.
I gave my study a good tidy today. With one box (of curtains) going up into the loft and a large box of modelling paints into another cupboard the study looks much roomier. I also wiped down most of the surfaces and went through the various pots of pens, pencils etc throwing out any nonworking pens. Later I filled my test profiteroles with cream leaving out some for Peter as he's not into cream and they were pretty good  so I may well make some if we have guests.
Update on Patch - he's had a large cyst on his head for about a year which I think was where I took a tick off his head (not an uncommon occurrence at Dingles). After yesterday's cat fight I checked him over especially his head and ears but found no traces of blood. However today I notice that his cyst has deflated so I guess that it got punctured in the fight. I'll have to keep an eye on it for infection as cat claws are dirty. I may even try and trim or shave the fur there for a better view but Patch doesn't really like his head being checked.

No comments: