Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 20 January 2023

A Discovery.

Sunny and not too cold today. Unfortunately no wind to help dry washing.
Before getting down to any jobs today I decided to go up over the cliffs. I thought I shouldn't let my leg muscles think they had the day off after a strenuous aerobics session last night. And I was on a mission, to discover something I thought had been hidden .......
First I am happy to report that I made it all the way up to the Monument without stopping though I was breathing heavily by the time I got to the top.
And I found what I was looking for. You may have to zoom in to see both of the distant snow covered mountains but there it was, Snowdon or as it is known in Wales, Yr Wyddfa, the highest mountain in Wales. (I was telling Peter about my discovery and he pointed out that its name is almost the same as the Welsh word for office - swyddfa, how weird is that?) A while back a friend who lives a bit higher up the road had said he could see Snowdon from his house but I thought he was just kidding. But then a chap who takes professional photos posted a clear photo from here. That's what sent me up the cliff today. I have to admit that I thought the Not Snowdon mountain in the photo was Snowdon and it wasn't until I uploaded my photos that I saw where Snowdon really was.
You may have to squint to see the white triangles against the blue sky but they are there, honest.
Looking inland I could see snow on the hills behind Tal Y Bont and down on the beach a great plume of smoke. That was from where they were burning up the branches from the 20ft Christmas tree that had stood in front of the Lifeboat Station.
It was such a lovely day that I carried on to the next little cove.

The tide was out so I went for an explore along the beach. There I came across a large plastic tub, well mended that must have fallen off a fishing boat. When I'm on a beach I feel I should pay my dues to nature by picking up at least some plastic rubbish. It was awkward to carry but I took it back to the top of the beach where there is a heap of plastic rubbish that hopefully somebody, maybe the nearby holiday park owners, will remove. 
I had a bit more of an wander and then met the same neighbour and his dog that I met the other day. He'd walked round under the cliff and assured me there was enough low tide for me to walk back to Borth along the rocks but I decided to opt for the exercise and views and climbed back up the cliff to the Monument and home that way.
I got home to find Peter frying up some bacon, perfect timing. I wrapped up and sat out on the terrace. Who need Gluhwein and schnitzel when you've got coffee and a bacon sandwich with a view not only of snow topped mountains but the sea as well? Incidentally the neighbour I met drove his family to The Alps for skiing after Christmas. They are one active family.
 

2 comments:

happyone said...

What a wonderful walk you had. Would have been nice if I could have joined you. :)

Donna said...

A bacon sandwich and a coffee sounds wonderful!
hugs
Donna