Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 16 January 2023

Snow is Falling.

Cold and crisp today with a good wind.
This morning we headed off to Mach for our Welsh chat in the library. It was only as we drove towards Ynyslas that I was able to look out across Snowdonia and spot the snow up on the mountains which was a bit of a surprise. The Met Office map shows snow here tomorrow but I don't expect it will be more than a sprinkle. 
At the library we went over last week's lesson and then attempted to translate another story. Even though the book is listed at the end of the unit we are currently doing it was quite hard as it used a form of the past tense we haven't covered yet. Plus our brains seem to have gone to sleep after Christmas. We'd see a word, know that we had come across it before but have no idea what it meant and have to consult the dictionary yet again. We are getting better at spotting mutations (changes to the intial letter of a word) which change the word completely but so do the plurals, no simply adding an S in Welsh, it is often au or it might be oedd, ion or something completly different.
Afterwards I had my usual trawl around the charity shops. I didn't find any treasures but in the other shops was able to buy a couple of things I hadn't been able to find in Aber. First, basic dish brushes. I've only found large fancy brushes which apart from being pricey don't fit between the spokes of the dish drainer which does need cleaning every now and again. Secondly I found what I call green scrubbies, flat green rectangles of rough woven plastic also for washing saucepans and things. They've been missing from the supermarket shelves in Aber for a while and I was down to my last one (all that cleaning I'm doing) so I was pleased to find some in the Co-Op today. There were three packs on the shelf so I bought two. While I was at the checkout the person behind me said Hello, I realised I knew her from the zoo and we talked for a while.
When we got back home it was so lovely and sunny I took myself for a walk up the cliff and over to the next cove. On the way up to the Memorial I met a neighbour out walking his dog and we had a nice chat before I carried on.




There hasn't been time for any house blitzing though I did transfer all my silicone baking moulds from an old cardboard box into a big plastic tub that I bought today. NB - It's not a good idea to use a silicone ice cube tray to freeze portions of pesto as it's impossible to get the smell out of the silicone. I've soaked in a dishwasher tablet, soaked in cold water and washed with hot soapy water but still the smell of pesto lingers.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I sure would like to walk along there!!