Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 9 January 2023

Blow the Wind Southerly.......

They were actually strong south-westerly winds today moving the clouds along quickly before they could drop any rain on us. I took a chance and hung some washing out on the line making sure to double up on the clothes pegs. That helped a lot with the drying.
Today's blitzing job was to start on the big pine cupboard in the dining area. That involved taking everything out, washing the china and glass and wondering what to do with all the odd boxes and things I'd shoved into that roomy cupboard. A few things got re-homed and at least everything going back in the cupboard is clean. I've still got two shelves left to do but I'm just going to try to do a bit every day.
Two excellent tv programmes are back, The Great Pottery Throwdown which I watched late last night and Call the Midwife which I watched today on a break from my chores. I've got plenty of episodes of Saving Lives at Sea to half watch as I do the ironing. It's funny seeing stormy seas on the tv and wild waves through the window but I'm glad to be snug indoors.



 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Had to dry my clothes inside - they would have froze outside! :)