Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 4 January 2024

Blue Skies.

Woke up this morning and it wasn't raining. Things got hazy in the afternoon and then we had a pretty sunset so I can't complain.
I suppose I could have gone to the zoo this morning but I'm a creature of habit and only go there on Tuesdays or Wednesdays depending on the weather. Instead I did some gardening here. I carried on with the lawn removal, scraping off the top layer of weeds and roots and flinging them behind me into the centre of the lawn. Apart from the dandelions, some of which were so big it was like digging up carrots. I felt sorry to be disposing such pretty flowers and have come up with a plan to replant them in the wildflower meadow at the zoo. Our very own field of gold. As I worked a robin kept watch from the hedge and came down to look for worms as soon as I left. It wasn't as brave as the one which joined me a while back that was happy to search the ground as I worked.
After gardening I painted the towel rail pipes again while I was still in my work clothes and then to get it out of the way did my Duo Lingo. That left the rest of the afternoon free to knit and watch the haze settle over the large breakers that were rolling in.


A paddleboarder was riding the swell while a surfer caught the waves as they broke closer inshore.

 

No comments: