Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 18 January 2024

Frosty.

Despite the dire predictions there was not a drop of snow to be seen this morning. Plenty of frost  and the ground remained frozen anywhere the sun hadn't reached. If I squinted hard there may just have been some snow on a far peak which I think is Cader Idris.
I opened my eyes at 5.00 this morning, decided that was too early to get up and after feeding Speedy and then letting him out went back to bed for a lie-in. Unfortunately for Speedy I fell asleep until 7.00 so it was a rather cold cat staring at me through the glass door when I went into the kitchen. He soon warmed up lying spread out on top of a radiator which is one of his favourite spots.
I needed a bottle of whole milk to get another batch of kefir on the go so I combined a trip to the shop with a walk on the beach. It's been so dry that the icicles on the cliff haven't had much chance to grow with most of them being only about a foot long.

It was still very cold in the shade of the cliffs but much nicer once I emerged into the sun which was sparkling on the waves. 
Somebody has put a lot of effort into this structure using driftwood, stones and discarded rope. People were talking about it last Sunday on the walk so it has already survived a number of high tides.
Before I went in the shop I walked down the road to see if I could catch a glimpse of the helicopter in its garden but the fences and hedges were too high.
Welsh class in the afternoon went well. This week we were introduced to 'your' familiar which causes a soft mutation and we also did a lot of chatting to each other in Welsh. One of our classmates told us how he went to Tenby where a seagull swooped over his shoulder and stole his pasty right out of his hand. That was mostly in English though I thought my offer of 'sea-bird' was a good substitute for gull.
I had hoped to run the silicone sealant around the bathroom mirror frame afterwards but although it was an unopened tube I think most of it has set. I was only able to do two sides and that was with great difficulty. Silicone sealant is on the shopping list for tomorrow.
Off soon to aerobics. That's a fun way to warm up.


 

No comments: