Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 January 2024

Storm Henk.

We woke this morning to the sound of lashing rain and the sight of sheets of rain obscuring the view. Storm Henk, the first named storm of the year stayed with us all day and according to the weather warning map below we were only on the edge of it. The traffic page kept reporting flooded roads in the area but as we had no need to travel that didn't affect us. Sunset was the first time that we saw clouds, some of them tinged pink, at all.
We're still in post holiday mode as the fridge gradually empties of festive food due to my some daytime grazing, well there's no point in wasting all those nice things and there's little on the agenda. Pilates, aerobics and Welsh class don't start up again until next week so I keep thinking that now is a good time to relax. I made a tiny start on sorting my room, by which I mean I went through the top drawer of my filing cabinet. The one containing all those small items that haven't got a specific place elsewhere. At least I now know that all the pens I had in there work. I have got some admin jobs suitable for rainy days to do but somehow I didn't get round to those today. But I did play the piano. You never know, I might get back into the routine of playing the piano and guitar every day. And I'm making progress with the knitted cosy.

 

No comments: