Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 24 April 2024

A Busy day.

It was another of those days when the grey morning didn't give much clue as to the weather for the rest of the day. The grey eventually gave way to clouds and by the evening there was barely a cloud to be seen.
The seal returned this morning and if you look closely at the photo you should be able to see that he is munching on a flat fish he caught below the cliff.
My first job of the morning was to brush down four folding teak garden chairs that have sitting in the garage since we moved and then give them a coat of teak oil. I've now put them up for sale as although they're great chairs they are too heavy for me to move around easily. I much prefer our light aluminium bistro chairs that can be picked up with one hand. Perfect for chasing the sun/shade around the terrace. We've still got the round table that came with the chairs and a side table that I made out of the lazy Susan and metal stool legs.
Once that was done I was back in the front garden, moving plants around and topping up flower beds with the new soil. I didn't get a lot done because in the afternoon we went to see Dune II at the Arts Centre in the university. There weren't too many people in the cinema (no noisy rustling), our front row seats were comfy and the three hours flew by. I really enjoyed the film, the plot had none of the complexity of the books (which I read in my youth) but the special effects were excellent and you do have to be in a cinema with a good sound system to get the best from futuristic battle scenes. All in all a good afternoon. Peter had the rowing club AGM to go to as soon as we got back to Borth so I dropped him off on the way home and then it wasn't that long before it was time for me to get ready to go to choir. Only fifteen of us tonight but we had a good session as always. We finished with one of our favourites Grace, move in me. 


 

No comments: