Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 26 April 2024

Chilly.

First thing in the morning the day looked quite promising though there was a distinct nip in the air. (Something to do with the Polar Jet stream I believe.) But later on the day got greyer and colder with rain arriving mid-afternoon.
When I got to the stables this morning I found that I was riding Seren (Star) which was a surprise. But then I saw I'd been originally assigned Margaret but she was needed for the next lesson.
Because Seren is well behaved she gets used a lot for hacks and beginner riders so she isn't used to doing the more advanced work we do in our lessons. That made it a good challenge for me to get her to understand what I was asking her to do. By the end she was doing reasonable turns on the forehand (pivoting around the front feet), decent leg yielding (moving forwards and sideways at the same time) and was coming on to the bit (neck arched and more energy). It was a good lesson.
Seren and Pac Man - they only stay in these stalls when they are waiting to be ridden. I had taken Seren's saddle off as she wouldn't be needed again until the afternoon.
Here's the boot room with tidily arranged long and short boots in all sizes. Hidden by the bench in the foreground are rows of tiny jodhpur boots too. They have a thriving pony club, the biggest in the country and also take children out on lead rein rides around the fields.
Horses grazing in the fields of the Vale of Rheidol.
I didn't find any plants to buy at the supermarkets or Charlie's but I did give in and buy this riding top which I've been eyeing up for a few weeks. It's close fitting which will be a good incentive to maintain my current healthy weight.
I had planned to go out and do some gardening when I got home but then the rain came so I've done indoor jobs (mainly tidying) instead. I have to admit to feeling rather tired now.



 

No comments: