Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 16 April 2024

Still Windy.

It's been windy again today. This morning I couldn't tell which way the weather was going to go but in the end the clouds cleared and we had a lovely sunny day.
It would have been a good day for hanging out the washing but instead I headed off to the zoo where I spent the day weeding. First I planted up more mint in the space where somebody 'weeded' out last year's mint. I always check if the plants I bring to the zoo could be toxic to any of the animals but imagine my surprise when I saw that mint was toxic for dogs. Upon further investigation I found out that it is only Pennyroyal which is toxic and all the ordinary mints pose no problem. I ended up being at the zoo for five hours which is a long time for me and my knees and back are not that happy. A good thing I've got Pilates soon.
Since I didn't take many photos today here are a few more from Sunday's visit to Coed Tamsin-
A grassy spot filled with snake's head fritillaries. 
More lovely garden flowers. I shall look for camassia on sale as I really like blue flowers.

Out in the woods this tree had a passageway through the trunk and it even had a bracket fungus forming a porch.

High up, almost at the crest of a hill was a hole filled with water. This water is being pumped up by the action of the wind on the tall tree. Even with only a slight wind the rocking action in the canopy of the tree is transferred down to the roots and water is drawn up to this hole. It was most odd to see the surface of the water pulsing up and down. When it's very windy the water gushes out of the hole sending mud pouring down the hillside. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh a little fairy house. :)