Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 17 April 2024

Chilly.

It's been another of those days when we couldn't tell what the weather was going to be like. Definitely less windy than of late but a heavy shower after breakfast caused Peter to change his plan of cutting paving slabs for me to going into town. A real shame as we didn't have any rain after that.
It still felt quite cold so I wrapped up well and did some small jobs in the garden including sweeping the paving. Not so easy when my yard broom only has a head and no handle. I better buy at least a broom stick, with screw fitting, next time I'm in town. Having a few rocks left over from all my projects I used up some of them to carry on the rockery theme in the small raised bed that I made last year. I also used some of the original pebbles on the raised bed by the pond. No doubt eventually the plants will grow over them but for now they'll help to keep the moisture in the soil and look tidy too.
One indoor job that I did was to drill holes, lots of them, through the plasterboard in my study to find the positions of the wooden studs so that I can make some shelves in the corner.
It was too windy this morning to throw bird seed on the terrace, much to the annoyance of the female blackbird who came and twittered at me. Instead I put some in a dish lower down in the garden. I wasn't expecting to see a rook helping himself when I looked through the window later in the day. I let him have a bit of a feed before shooing him away as I didn't want to see the rest of the rooks descending into the garden.
Off in a minute to choir. I'm warmly dressed as we (the tenors) won't be sitting near a radiator this week and it does get quite chilly on the other side of the room.
 

No comments: