Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 30 April 2024

Wet.

I managed to have my morning cuppa outside when there was only a hint of drizzle but from then on it got wetter and wetter.
The builders were here for a good part of the day. Peter escaped the noise and cold from open doors by doing his stint down at the RNLI shop while I retired to my study where I mended my sheepskin boot slippers and watched stuff on my pc. 
So now the balustrade is complete and the loft hatch in the bathroom ceiling has been made as airtight as possible. Hopefully that will stop warm air getting up into the loft and condensing under the roof. That was the latest theory anyway. They also put up the very heavy tailor's mirror in our bedroom. Peter and I had put it up ourselves, for the fifth time since we've had it but it was too low and we couldn't face trying to lift it again. The builder said it was the heaviest mirror he had ever come across. Not surprising since the frame and the back are solid oak.
Before the builders came in the morning I cut three corner shelves from marine ply and then after they left I painted them on both sides with primer. 

 

No comments: