Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 April 2024

Cloudy.

Another fairly chilly day with a choppy sea.
Having our Welsh class in the middle of the day meant that I had to split my gardening into two short sessions. That's probably a good thing as digging the soil out of the dumpy bag to bring into the garden is quite taxing on my back. Today I dug up, split and replanted two hardy geraniums already growing in the one of the the borders so that I should end up with a good spread of each geranium. That done I emptied out several large pots of star flowers and planted the small bulbs individually all around the hardy geraniums. That way there will be (hopefully) a large swathe of the light blue stars before the hardy geraniums begin to grow. That corner bed is turning into a 'blue' corner with the dark blue hydrangea, bluebells, blue irises, star flowers and nigella. The hardy geraniums are, I think, a pale lavender and an ordinary pink variety. I also planted London Pride along the edge of the bed so that the leafy rosettes can spread and make a solid boundary between the shingle and the the soil.
The garden chairs were snapped up in less than 12 hours. When the lady, who lives in the village, came to collect them we immediately recognised each other from Pilates as she is usually behind me. (We all tend to stick to roughly the same spot each week.) The money from the chairs has now been put away to spend on plants for the garden when I go to the plant fair in a fortnight.
The final event of the day was disco aerobics which was fun as usual. At the end of one track our teacher makes an attempt at doing the 'splits' and some of us try as well. I surprised myself at almost being able to achieve this gymnastic feat. All the more surprising as it isn't something I did in my uncoordinated childhood. 
 

No comments: