Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 18 May 2024

Misty.

Another pretty pink sunset last night.

The view this morning was romantically misty and it has remained misty for the whole day. The sun has done its best to burn off the mist and even now I feel its warmth beaming through a gap in the clouds. But on the whole it has felt on the chilly side. Peter went out coxing a row this afternoon and came back saying it was pretty cold on the water.
I have spent the whole day shut away in my study working on the sequinned top.
Until I ended up with something fun to wear to disco aerobics.
It took me all day because 1- I am not very good at sewing and 2- I enthusiastically cut off too much from the neck at the back and had to fill in the space with straps made from the last of the bias binding. I did all the sewing by hand as I find hand sewing easier for fiddly jobs than getting out the sewing machine. I did also take the time to take off the sequins from the cut edges before turning over the bias binding. It's not the neatest of jobs but then for disco aerobics all the lights in the hall are off except for the disco lights.
Apart from not liking having jobs hanging around I also wanted to finish the alterations so that I could hoover up the glittering mess on the study floor, sequins that were beginning to drift down the hall and into other rooms. I'll keep the sequinned sleeves for a while, they may come in useful for making carnival costumes. (No theme has been chosen yet, it's usually something to do with the latest kids' Disney film.)


 

2 comments:

lea said...

I think you're incredibly clever to be able to re-make that top!

Ruta M. said...

Thank you.