Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 9 May 2024

Wow!

Last night I was on my own at home as Peter had gone out to a meeting. Catching sight of the setting sun dropping down below the horizon I went out to take a few photos. I always thinks it's a shame that the camera doesn't capture the fiery red disc that we see with the eye but I like taking sunset photos anyway. 
The sun had almost gone so I zoomed in to capture its last moments.
Then I noticed that the outer edge was looking green. Could this be the elusive green flash ?
It definitely was. 
This is only the second one I've seen. How lucky was I to get it on camera?
And now for today - My ribs weren't too happy after yesterday's hedge cutting and I ended up getting up at 5.00.
As I sat with my tea the mist from the river gave the landscape an ethereal look.
Then as the sun rose a pair of dolphins appeared looking golden brown in the morning light. (Yesterday I had watched a seal eating an eel.)
I spent the morning doing more tidying up including putting some stuff in the loft which so far appears to be dry after the builders made the hatch air tight. Once our Zoom class was over I set up the trundle bed in my study. Because the trundle bed is shorter than the main bed and has no headboard whoever sleeps there is in danger of losing their pillows down the gap which is not good. But not any more as I've made a headboard from the rest of the marine ply. 
It has been the most glorious sunny day and it was time to get out my shorts. Work ones for the day and then some smarter ones for disco aerobics. I'm on my own again tonight as Peter has gone to the rowing club's curry night. I may do the ironing or just write my shopping list for tomorrow.
 

No comments: