Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 3 May 2024

Wet.

It feels like I've spent the whole day stuck in the clouds. Nothing but white to see accompanied by miserable heavy drizzle/ rain. Coming home on the coast road and getting to the crest of the very high hill above the village there was no Snowdonia, no Cor Fochno (the bog) or even the village to be seen. 
This morning I was back to riding Cadno. I got to the stables early in time to do some grooming. Usually he has dried mud all over him from lying down to sleep but today he was as wet as if someone had run a hose over him and all I could do was brush out his mane and tail. In the lesson we worked on 'rein back' (reversing back in a straight line). Cadno is pretty experienced in basic dressage so it wasn't long before I'd corrected his swinging hindquarters which was mainly due to my using uneven pressure from my legs, and we got some tidy steps backwards. Then we had a canter exercise with markers set out on the ground for us to canter round whenever we had enough space. Of course I took every opportunity to canter half circles and generally kept Cadno going and not falling back to trot when he felt like it. All good fun.
From the stables I called in at the dump to empty more bags into the general compost bay. At Morrisons I had a look around the plants and got very excited when I spotted some Festuca Glauca, a blue grass that is on my current wish list. But when I looked more closely they didn't look at all blue unlike the ones I have in the back garden, just a dark green so I put them back. Instead I bought a curly bronze carex. I checked out the plants in Charlie's too but they are quite pricey so I didn't buy anything there. However I succumbed to a pack of purple Brachyscome at Lidl. I know they are only half-hardy but you never know and they weren't expensive.
Going around the charity shops I've been keeping my eyes open for a sequinned top for aerobics. That's something some people wear for fun and as does our teacher. Today I found a top with red sequins that I should be able to alter. Then two charity shops later I came across exactly the top I'd been searching for, racer back with deep blue sequins all over the front and the rest of the top black. The only problem was that it was a UK size 6 (US size 2). No way would I be able to squeeze into or convert what is basically a child sized garment so a chopping and a sewing I will have to go.
By the time I got home I was feeling quite worn out and didn't do much after we had put the shopping away. My study shelves can wait until tomorrow.
 

No comments: