Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 February 2010

Back To Full Time.

Just 2 days of full time work and I'm back in my overworking habits. Tonight I was unable to tear myself away for an hour until I had taken down a display from last term and replaced it with some work the children have done this week. Nothing spectacular but I strongly believe that children's art work should be given credibility by being displayed even if only for a short time. Tomorrow is my first full day with a Year 2 class (7/8 year olds) and I have been given a free rein to organise the day to my own way of working. We have discussed the outline of the literacy and numeracy but I need to do more detailed planning so that I my teaching will be organised. Apart from being a new group of children which I have never taught full-time it is a very lively class with a lot of boisterous boys and some serious behaviour issues and I think that I will be using all my class management skills. Until I get to know the children better, and they are aware of my expectations I think it is going to be quite hard work. Well, I asked to do this job and it will be good to keep my skills practised. Off now to write up a full day of lesson plans.

1 comment:

Elora said...

I can identify with your challenge, Ruta. Nowadays, it's so difficult to engage students in learning, except by extraordinary means! One of the best techniques I learned when I was teaching, was the "making communities" within the classroom. Succeeding because a group project, as weaker members were helped to success by the stronger, and team goals were accomplished. Do you have computers in your classrooms? I mean, for each child? Please tell us more about your work and the children's achievements there in UK. I find it fascinating to learn about our similarities and differences.

Elora