Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 February 2010

No Wax In My Ears.

The pictures are from yesterday, a selection of the many forms and colours to be found at the beach. I could while away the whole day just looking at the natural beauty there and watching the waves.
Slabs of slate in a gully.
Paint splashes of lichen.


The power of water meeting immovable rock.

Streaks of algae glistening on rock.
We had a lot of rain last night and the day started damp and dreary. I had an appointment in the morning for the nurse to syringe my ears . I had tried listening to my MP4 player and thought that one of the ear pieces wasn't working. I even replaced them before realising that it was my ears that were the problem. However when the nurse looked into my ears the drops I had been putting in to soften up the wax had worked so well that my 'deaf' ear was almost totally clear and so she only did the other one. She did recommend that I used olive oil rather than the drops because they have been known to cause eczema in the ears so I poured away the drops and refilled & relabelled the bottle with its handy dropper.
It was dry in the afternoon so I was back outside kneeling in the mud getting grass roots out of a flower bed. I was so tempted to leave it and go and start another job as it takes a long time to clear a small patch but then I won't be able to tick off that job on my list. One more bucket full of roots should suffice for the time being and then I can move onto the next job.




2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

I was a little worried about what the photos might be with the title of this post. Glad that all is well with your hearing again.

happyone said...

Rock formations like that always fascinate me. I love looking at them too.