Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 19 February 2010

A Little Snow.

It started snowing this morning and lay on the ground until the afternoon. It took Peter 3 hours to drive into work this morning as he headed into worsening conditions. There had been 6 accidents along the Link Road and he spent a lot of time in queues with vehicles especially lorries, sliding all over the place. By the afternoon most of the snow had gone from the garden and I was at last able to get outside to do some gardening. The ground is so soft that I'm trying to keep off the lawns but I was still able to cut back all the buddlias and do some weeding. I'm fond of buddlias with their blooms in shades of purple from royal purple to pale lavender and pink as well. (I don't grow the white variety as the flowers look very messy as they turn brown.) And of course as each variety comes into flower it attracts a host of butterflies & bees etc. which are always such a pleasure to watch.
(July last year.)

All week my kitchen has been brightened by the lovely roses that Peter bought me for Valentine's Day. They match the bedroom better but as I spend more time in the kitchen they're sitting on the windowsill near the sink. Peter definitely won't remember but they are the same as the roses I bought from Covent Garden Flower Market to make my wedding bouquet over 33 years ago.

No comments: