Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 26 February 2010

Smiley Simile.

It was a little wild and windy this morning as I set off for work. 5 mins before the start of school we had a hailstorm resulting in soggy and excited children. The rest of the day has been bright and sunny. Despite my worries the day went well with this new class, one child doing his own thing but not being overly disruptive and even wanting to join in with the literacy plenary. Our literacy objective was to write a poem about the night using adjectives and similes. The children came up with some good ideas though I did gently draw the line at one of the similes for 'stinky' - 'as my Dad's farts.' I got away from school quite quickly and managed to get in an hour's gardening before it got too dark and cold. We have been lucky with our weather down here in the South-West. Up in Scotland they had another 2 ft of snow overnight resulting in roads and schools being closed & power lines down. At one point there were 45,000 homes without power ! We've had our first storm warning of the winter as a severe storm with winds up to 100 mph is predicted to come swirling up from the Mediterranean on Sunday. If the rain isn't too bad I wouldn't mind driving down to watch the waves at Barrricane. It's a good forecast for tomorrow so I plan to be back out in the garden once more.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I love that photo! It would make a beautiful print framed.
Lots of wind here too with snow showers.

Ruta M. said...

Thank you. It's just one of the many views I'm treated to as I go up our drive each morning.