Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 January 2024

Cold.

Bitterly cold today with arctic air being blown in by the strong easterly winds.
I got up at 6.00 and had my tea sitting outside in the dark though it was too cold to stay there for the dawn. But I did see the pretty pink clouds once the sun had come up. For the rest of the day there was hardly a cloud to be seen. Even though it was very cold seeing the sun makes everything seem so much better.
This morning I painted the wardrobe with primer, after of course sanding and hoovering. The primer was still an oil based one so I had the fun job of using white spirits to clean the brush and our bedroom was filled with paint fumes. (I've since had the window open for a while and that has seemed to clear the air.)
The very strong wind was blowing great plumes of spray off the waves and every now and again the sun was refracted through the water droplets.


The early afternoon saw me driving to town for an appointment with the dental hygienist. She did the usual clean but no polishing. Maybe the enamel is too thin for polishing? On my way back to the car park I stopped at a charity shop and to my great joy found these two metal magazine holders for £1.50 each. I've been looking for something like this for well over a year without any success. (I found some on line but they were expensive.) Not to keep magazines tidy but for storing my hairdryer and straighteners which can be very hot after use. 

Off soon to the first Pilates class of the year. I'll have to be careful as my blocked sinuses have been affecting my balance these last few days and I get dizzy very easily. I wouldn't like to miss the class as I feel it does me such a lot of good. I suppose I should have done some of the exercises over the holidays but it was hard to find time though I do hamstring stretches every evening and neck exercises every morning while I'm stirring the porridge.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I do like that sky and the ocean pictures.