Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 6 January 2024

Sunshine.

Much less rain today. In fact I hardly saw the rain but the wet terrace gave the game away.
And a nice hint of a rainbow in the morning. There may have been more during the day but I've been busy indoors and not really looking out to sea.
Later on the bottom of the front garden caught a welcome shaft of sunlight which lit up bluebell leaves under a hydrangea. I'm not exactly sure what those tall green leaves at the side are as they have grown from bulbs I found in the crosswall that I dismantled. I think they might be irises but whatever they are they were overwhelmed by the roots of the golden privet which had filled the planting space. I will have to move them again as that is the spot I've earmarked for the very tall bright purple Michaelmas daisy that is currently in the back garden. 
The first of my DIY jobs today was to give the pipes under the heated towel rail a final coat of white Hammerite. While not perfect it looks a lot better than bare copper pipes. I had intended to silicone the triple mirror but although I found a new tube of white silicone it didn't have a nozzle (I must have used it for something else). I can get spares at Screwfix next week. Instead I went on to work on the new wardrobe in our bedroom. When the builder took the shower out he removed the shower and tray and fitted two rails leaving the rest for me to finish off. Everything came out tidily but where the tray was needed tidying up. I used some pine bed slats to line the bottom of the walls and some trim that I'd bought went down the sides. There was a lot of sawing to do but the wood was very soft and I have a new hand saw. I used up the last of the expensive adhesive I'd bought for the bathroom mirror plus a few nails to fix everything to the walls. It's all ready now for filling and painting and then I can put up a curtain pole. I don't mind that it takes me a long time to get things done as long as something gets done each day.
Pink clouds again tonight.

 

No comments: