Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 27 January 2024

Gardening.

Dry with some hazy sunshine today.
The sun is gradually returning to the front garden and fortunately for me just where I was going to be working. I began back on my knees again, trying not to flex my toes as that aggravates the cyst, to bag up some of the weeds/turves? to go to the dump. That involved some therapeutic bashing with the prongs of my hand hoe to loosen up the attached soil. Less weight to take to the dump and less soil lost from the garden. If I take a load each time I go riding and Peter does the same whenever he goes into town it shouldn't take long to get rid of it all.
After filling six bags and a break I finished the section at the end of the garden with the fork and nibbled a bit more from the path. 
According to our neighbour its going to be a warm day tomorrow. But I won't be joining the group for a walk as they'll be remembering a member who died three years ago this week, drinking a toast at his grave and then after the walk going to the family's home for tea. As I never met him I feel it would be intrusive to go so I shall take myself off for a walk along the cliffs instead.
 

No comments: