Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 6 October 2022

Dry.

All grey today but very little in the way of rain apart from a few showers in the afternoon. 
This morning I got another of the 'to do' jobs done, filling the gap between the kitchen window and the inside window sill. I don't get on too well the manual 'gun' and didn't make a tidy job but least it's done and there won't be a draft blowing up through the gap. It was only as I was cleaning up that I noticed that the line of sealant at the top of the window is cracking away which might be due to the window not being sealed on the outside. That needs all the top sealant on the inside taking out and re-doing, I'm not looking forward to that and will wait until the outside is properly filled. 
Peter got back from a meeting at the Hub just in time for our Welsh class. That went well, it helped that I'd recently covered the same work on Duo Lingo though our teacher gives us both the north pronunciation and variations which we needed to work on. It can get confusing with aeth ([he/she] went) being pronounced both as ay-th and eye-th even in our course but we're being taught ay-th. Once again the postman rang the doorbell right in the middle ofthe lesson. I didn't try running up the coridoor but got him to hand over the post through the study window.
The afternoon rain put paid to any gardening so I pootled around and played the piano. Later I took a chance on the weather and went to sit outside despite the grey clouds (above). It stayed dry in the warm wind and I was able to relax and watch the waves rolling in. There was even the odd patch of blue up above too.
Later the coastguards turned up for a training session to practise abseiling down the cliff. They waited until dark to begin going over the cliff to be ready for any eventuality.

Last night at choir I decided to try singing as a tenor. With the old choir the alto parts were generally within my range but here I'm struggling and at times feel quite reedy. In this choir there are sometimes only three or even two people singing each part so you can't hide among a big group of voices. So I moved myself over and found the tenor parts much easier. In fact at one point when the bass part was being taught I found that quite easy too. If I'd ever thought to look at something like the chart below I might have realised my voice which I used to describe as a low alto is better as a tenor. One of the choir members has such a wide range she can sing anything from soprano to bass which is impressive.


No comments: