Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 13 October 2022

Sunny.

Woke this morning to beautiful blue skies but have been so busy that I didn't stop to take any photos until I stopped working this evening.
I managed to stick on the whole final row of blocks before Welsh class at 1.00 but only just. I didn't want to put my watch on while I was mixing cement (I don't often wear it) so I set the kitchen timer for an hour which would have left me plenty of time to get ready for class. but when it went off I still had half a tub of cement to use up. Those blocks flew on and the last bit of left over mortar went to fill a gap in the paving up by the garage. Luckily I'd set up my microphone and camera before breakfast so it was just a matter of changing out of my work clothes and grabbing a coffee before settling down for two hours of Welsh.
As soon as class was over I was back outside mixing up mortar and getting the flat coping stones on. That and working out how to finish off round the corner using the oddments of walling blocks took me up until 6.15 and now I'm worn out. To make tomorrow's clean-up easier I scraped off any stray blobs of mortar and used the washing up brush to scrub along the joints, hence the wet look to the wall.

No comments: