Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 19 October 2022

Warm.

The day began quite grey and at times through the day the wind got up and it felt as if it was going to rain but eventually we had some sun. 
With the weather looking a bit dodgy I drove down to the zoo instead of cycling. There I spent my time weeding the woodchip in the smaller play area. It had got very overgrown, not just the odd clump of grass dotted here and there but a lot of grass and other weeds everywhere. Sad to see when I'd managed to keep it clear for so long. And it's half-term next week. It took me five hours and after such a long time, too long really on my hands and knees I didn't feel like walking out to the car park to get my camera. As I was ambling around the rest of the site to see which is the most urgent job for next week and to loosen up I had a laugh by the silver foxes' pen. It was getting close to feeding time, indeed the fox may even have been able to smell its food (don't ask) which was already prepared in the animal kitchen and the bolder of the two foxes was pacing up and down by the fencing (he doesn't pace at other times which would be a bad sign). On the other side of the wire in the gap between the public and the cage, Mr Pea was bumbling about foraging for food completely unconcerned by the fox inches away. That was until the fox stopped next to Mr Pea as it turned to go back. Mr Pea was having none of that and gave the fox a good peck on the nose through the wire. Poor fox.
Back home I had an early shower and began my blog as tonight is choir night. Just got time for my singing warm up and I'll be off.

 

No comments: