Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 10 October 2022

Dry.

Lovely weather today from fluffy clouds in the morning to golden afternoon light.
Of course I've been brick laying or perhaps I should call it block bodging. I'd signed up for 'gentle pilates for backs' in the middle of the day which at least made me take a break from the heavy work. I was able to finish off the row of blocks I'd started in the morning and then mixed up two more tubs of cement in the afternoon and got the next row done. I discovered the interesting fact that if your mix is too wet and you haven't bothered to put safety glasses on the wet cement can splash straight up into your eye when you drop a heavy block on it. 
The pilates class was different, more like doing exercises with a physiotherapist as the teacher explained how the different muscles worked and how we can learn to protect our backs. While I was able to do most of the exercises I can see that I've lost an awful lot of the core strength that I had and need to be doing something to address that. Mid-day Monday isn't the best time for me as it sort of clashes with going to Mach for our Welsh chat but luckily I've been able get in the Tuesday evening regular Pilates class. Between the Community Hall, the Community Hub and the Star of the Sea there's an awful lot going on in Borth.

A few more photos from yesterday's walk. 
The yellow seahorse logo marks the Welsh Coast Path which runs inland along the Dyfi to Mach, over the bridge and then back down the other side of the river to Aberdyfi. The sign on the other side of the post says - no motorised vehicles, with a picture of a motorbike and a car which we thought was a bit excessive seeing as the path was only about 3ft wide.
Walking round one of the fields the ground was covered with small green crab apples. With so many mushrooms, acorns and blackberries it's looking to be a bountiful autumn for the wildlife.
Not the best shot of the waterfall by the holiday cottages but if you look closely you may see that a deep slot was cut into the rock, presumably for a water wheel. I wonder if the owners of the cottage would be allowed to reinstate it to provide their own power source? The blue alkathene pipe fed water to a trough in a nearby field.

No comments: