Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 3 October 2022

Warm.

Warm with more clouds today. The police made another fly past looking for the cocaine, not as low or slow as yesterday
I had hoped to make a start on building the facing wall today but didn't know that I need plasticizer to add to the mortar when I mix it. I'll have to wait until Peter brings me some from town (he's going tomorrow.) Instead I had an afternoon of gentle gardening in the back garden. That was after I'd scrubbed the oven, if it was down to me I wouldn't use the oven as its not worth the bother and then tackled the mildew in our bedroom. I had to wipe some of the walls, furniture and the window sills. It should be better once the shower is taken out of the room. I used a proper mildew spray so hopefully it won't come back too quickly. All that done I set to weeding in the back garden. It's fun when there are only small areas to work on. I cleared away the bean poles and the spicy salads that neither of us ate, planted the last of the seed potatoes and divided up two varieties of rockery sedum. Hopefully they will do well over the winter in the more sheltered back garden and be ready to move back to the front garden in the spring.
Now for more photos from yesterday's walk -
Lots of fly agaric around.

A caterpillar of the white lined sphinx moth that we found crossing the road.
Some of the many acorns scattered across the lanes we walked on.
Who needs a supermarket?
These wooden rowing boats and their trailers were a long way from the sea or any river. Waiting for rising sea levels perhaps?
The Iron Room in Furnace, originally a chapel built in the 1890s and now a community hall.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Seeing those mushrooms reminded my of Alice in Wonderland.