Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 19 September 2009

Job Hunting.

It was so good to wake this morning knowing that I could turn over and go back to sleep, which is precisely what I did. Even with an extra snooze I was out feeding the hens by 8.00 in the misty but warm morning. After that I went ahead with my plan to be a bit more proactive in my NZ job search and emailed 14 schools that have suitable vacancies. And that is only the schools on North Island, my first choice. There are at least the same number of vacancies on South Island.
Later I took Linas into town as we needed a few things. He decided to go on down to Plymouth so Romas and I spent the rest of the afternoon beginning the job of overhauling an ornamental grass bed that had become somewhat wild and weed ridden.
The butterflies were out in force once more in the last patch of evening sunlight.



Time at home is so limited now that I am back at work that I decided not to go into town again for a wander round the fair and the evening fireworks even though I still have a childish delight in big firework displays. Instead we have started our annual transformation into ballroom dancing experts as we watch Strictly. Costumes are definitely better this year, last year's designers created some terribly unflattering outfits.



No comments: